As the Windows 10 technologies become available, we thought useful to help you create a Virtual Machine for Windows 10 for testing your ideas and projects with Cocos2d-x.
· DISABLE BITLOCKER BEFORE CONTINUING!! These instructions have not yet worked successfully with a BitLocker enabled drive.
· Back up your files and make sure you have a recovery disk for your current OS!!
1. Download the Windows 10 x64 ISO from Windows Insider (currently Build 10074)
Product key: 6P99N-YF42M-TPGBG-9VMJP-YKHCF
2. Download Convert-WindowsImage.ps1
3. Run Command Prompt as Administrator
4. Run the following command
Powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -File Convert-WindowsImage.ps1 -ShowUI
5. Fill out the fields similar to the following and click on Make My VHD
6. After the VHD is created, right-click on 10074.vhd and select Mount.
DISABLE BITLOCKER BEFORE CONTINUING!!
7. Enter the following command into the Console
bcdboot <drive letter>:\windows
where <drive letter> is the drive letter assigned to the mounted VHD
8. Restart your computer and select Windows 10 Preview from boot up menu.
9. Complete the Windows 10 installation.
10. Install Python 2.7.x
a. add c:\Python27 to the Path Environment setting
11. Install Git
12. Enable Hyper-V in BIOS and Windows Programs and Features settings.
13. Install Visual Studio Visual Studio Community 2015 RC
14. Enable your computer for Development. Follow these instructions (Use gpedit section!!!)
15. You should now be able to clone and build cocos2d-x for Windows 10 UAP
a. git clone https://github.com/MSOpenTech/cocos2d-x.git
b. cd cocos2d-x
c. git checkout v3.6-uap
d. git submodule update --init
e. python download-deps.py
How to Remove a VHD from the Boot Menu
Boot into one of your Windows OS installations and start MSConfig.exe. From there, select the instance of Windows you want to remove and click Delete.
To remove the VHD file you just need to delete the VHD from an OS that is not using it to boot
Have fun with Windows 10 and Cocos2d-x.