Following our last code contribution [v3.6] and the debut of our Cocos Challenge, we are now making preparations for the next Cocos2d-x Hackathon.
We invite you to join us at Rendez-vous in San Francisco on May 16th for a full day Hackathon with this following program:
· 10am -10:30: Check-in & fuel up on coffee & light refreshments provided by Microsoft
· 10:30-11:30am: Building Windows apps with Cocos introduction
· 11:30-12:30: Hands on porting lab
· 12:30 - 1:30pm: Lunch provided by Cocos
· 1:30 – 6:00pm: Finish porting lab
Our proctors will be present all the day, and our Cocos dev lead Dale Stammen will also be available to respond to your questions…and suggestions!
We highly recommend that you arrive for the event with the following laptop setup your laptop with the following pre-installed:
· Visual Studio 2013, Community Edition (free version available here)
· For Mac users, we recommend that you install Parallel (allowing you to run Windows and Visual Studio)
· To test your setup (highly recommended):
Try creating a project: from a command line started in coco2d directory. Type cocos new MyGame -l cpp -d project
Open the solution created in [projects] with Visual Studio
Build and run (by hitting the F5 key)
Registration is now open here.
See you there!